About USI Awards
Page last modified: UTC
Color certificates and handsome metal on wooden plaques are available through the Awards Manager (AM). See fee information below.
- BASIC “Honor Roll” Certificate: Work 100 US islands (must contain both fresh water and saltwater islands). DX Note: Basic DX Award, Work 50 US Islands for DX stations outside of North America ONLY.
- INTERMEDIATE “Honor Roll” Certificate or Plaque: cost of plaque and s/h Work 300 US islands (any mix).
- ADVANCED “Honor Roll” Plaque: (abt $60-$75, cost of plaque and s/h) Work 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500 US islands (any mix)
Note: For all awards, include your call sign, name, and address on top of your submission sheet. The information required is: USI #, call sign, QSO date, band and island name.
The AM will perform verification of awards. You may mail or e-mail your submissions (DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL QSL CARDS) and forward the appropriate fee. In the event of an interpretation conflict or irregularity the AM reserves the right to inspect the QSL cards. The AM shall have the final word. Remember that we’re on the HONOR SYSTEM – if you don’t have the confirmation then you haven’t worked the island.
- USI Honor Roll – Confirm QSOs with 100 US islands and protectorates. Separate awards for increments of 300, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500 and above. Initial DX (outside North America) Honor Roll is 50 QSOs. Example (Certificates & Plaques)
- USI WASI Award – Work All State Island Award. Confirm a USI QSO from each of the 50 states. (Framed certificate)
- USI W-ten Award – Work Ten Award. Confirm 10 islands from one state. Example (Certificate)
- USI WUC Award – Work USI Club Award. Confirm a USI QSO with 10 Official USI club or special event stations. Example (Certificate)
- USI Q Award – Qualify 10 “new” US islands. Endorsements for 25, 50, 75 and 100.
- USI First Q Award – Receive a certificate documenting your first USI qualifying expedition. One cost for everyone in your club or group. Example (Certificate)
- USI Island Activator – (Plaque $60-$75, cost of plaque and s/h) A plaque is available for anyone who activates or qualifies one hundred US islands. Just send a list of the islands you activated after September, 1994 (USI#, island name and DXpedition date) that match the information being kept by the QM.
- USI I2I Award – Confirm 25 Island 2 Island (I2I) QSOs. Additional endorsements at 25 QSO increments.
Please contact the Awards Manager (AM), NS4J if you have questions. Plaques cost between $60 – $75 which includes shipping. We accept PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org)(“send money to family or friends”) or checks (to Jay Chamberlain).
Certificate Fee $3.00 (In USA); $4.00 (In Canada); $5.00 (All other DX)
Framed Certificate Fee $8.00 (USA) Addition shipping fees will apply for Canada and other DX.
Award Plaque Fee $70.00
When submitting your request for an award, include your call sign, special call sign, name, and address on top of your submission sheet. The information required for each state is: USI #, island name, call sign confirmed, QSO date.
The AM performs verification of awards. Please email your submissions, DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL CONFIRMATIONS and forward the appropriate fee listed above. Check or PayPal. In the event of an interpretation conflict or irregularity, the AM reserves the right to inspect the confirmation (QSL cards or eQSLs). The AM has the final word. Remember that we operate on the HONOR SYSTEM.
Jay Chamberlain – NS4J
27 Fox Run Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
We are not affiliated in any way with the Islands On The Air (IOTA) awards program offered by the Islands on the Air (IOTA) Ltd.